Following my last post about plugin profiling here are the step to follow to install TPTP in order to profile time execution of your plugins. It’s now really easy to setup TPTP (no more scripts to launch outside eclipse)
- Install the TPTP monitoring and profiling feature (I did it easily using update manager).
- Create a new Profiling Launch Configuration.
- Select Java Profiling and click edit options in order to set a new filter on this launch configuration to only profile the class you want to profile (by default all eclipse classes are profiled and it can really decrease performances).
- Click next and un-Select the check box called “Automatically start profiling when application is started”.
- Launch the profiling session.
- Start and stop monitoring in the profiling perspective at any time you want.
Hereare my first results
I need now to clearly understand these results, and mainly to identify what is happening when calling Display.synchExec() and Job.run() methods.